Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: Don't Cry


Don't Cry
Don't Cry by Beverly Barton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I found this quite a breezy, light read -- as far as a story about a serial killer who poses his victims with toddler skeletons can be. The focus is more on the mystery than the romance, which suited me, since I didn't find the relationship particularly convincing or particularly interesting. I didn't take to Audrey much, and her 'Methinks the lady doth protest too much' sniping at JD frequently irritated me. I also found her instant (and unprofessional) bonding with his wayward daughter a bit implausible.

The plot wraps up nicely, and although there are some characterisation threads left hanging--the source of Wayne Sherrod's antipathy towards his daughter, for example--I imagine these are developed further in the sequel so it didn't bother me unduly.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment